I have been struggling with removing Text Enhance malware for over a month. No matter what I did, it seems to not work. Here are some of the methods I tried:
- Run Microsoft Anti-malware signature package
- Run adware
- Run CCleaner
- Run Spybot
- Used different methods of removing add on from Internet Explorer
- Click the Tools button , and then click Manage add-ons.
- Under Show, click All add-ons.
- Select the Text Enhance plugin from the list of software, and click disable.
None of these worked.
I removed CodecC from Add Remove program.
Here is a bit more details that may help you:
There are many different versions of Text Enhance malware. Here are some of the variance that you may want to look for when trying to uninstall from Add Remove programs from your control panel.
- Codecv 1.0RewardsrcadeSuite
- TheBflix Class
- Codec-V (Video Player, Win Trojan Known Location: C:\ProgramData\Codec-V)
- Better Links
- Vuze (Not the P2P client)
- Installed Class
- SiteAdvisor (This is the same name as a McAfee product, do not disable McAfee)
- I Want This
- Protector by IB126.96.36.1992
- CodecC 1.0 (Quicktime, Video)